Maintaining and taming our manes has always been a priority to us at NamaSlay. We know how upset someone gets when somebody feels its their job to tell how dull your hair looks, how thin it has become, why we decided to cut/colour our hair and that it was much better earlier or which shampoo to use. We also know how you feel when these things are actually true. But the one thing that we all have probably regretted the most is the amount of money we have spent on buying an expensive hair products without trying it first and have it not workout for us (goodbye savings!). What if we tell you there’s a better way out of this? Because there is. It’s called a subscription box. We went ahead and tried this one for you.
Vanity cask’s subscription boxes have been around for a long time so they know exactly what it is that their clientele likes and needs. The entire point of subscription boxes is to try luxury products without actually committing to the real product or the price. Karishma has been guilty of buying this really expensive serum that she had to almost sell a lung for, only to find out that it didn’t suit her at all. Which is why, when we got the opportunity of getting this month’s vanity cask, we jumped. This month’s Vanity Cask features 5 products that we wanted to get our hands on, minus the full time commitment. We tried and tested these 5 products and here’s our verdict!
- Moroccanoil Treatment a.k.a. the Smooth Criminal: This little concoction for all hair types promises to detangle, speed up the drying time and boost shine and boy did it deliver! Don’t be fooled by how little the bottle is. A little goes a long way with this thing. We tried this as recommended, on both wet and dry hair as you can also use it on dry hair to eliminate the frizz. If you have an oily scalp and are scared that it might end up looking limp, then fear not, it just makes your hair softer. It also smells divine! Final verdict: Annie is definitely ok. A sure shot buy, but try out this sample to be 100% sure.
- Votre Rejuvenating Hair Oil a.k.a. the Growth Elixir: We aren’t the ones who regularly oil our hair but if we do, it would be because of this power packed hair oil blend of Jojoba oil, Almond oil, Rosemary oil, Jaswand extract, Bringraj, Hibiscus, & Lemongrass. We got to warn you that a little goes a long way. At first it did smell kinda ~natural~ but you get past the smell in less than a minute. This non stick oil has all the right ingredients to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss, all with natural ayurvedic inspired ingredients. It’s also easy to wash off and leaves your hair stronger. Final verdict: Ain’t no tower going to stop you from getting this hair oil once you’ve had the patience to finish the bottle.
- Nature’s Co Hair & Rosemary Hibiscus Mask a.k.a. the Silent Superhero: Masks are the most underrated hair product and this one kind of proves our point. They are miracle works and fight over a few minutes to completely change your hair. This natural hair mask with amla & methi has a long list of things it can do for you; like prevent hair loss, thinning hair, dandruff and controls premature greying of hair and split ends, along with making our hair soft and shiny. We mixed ours with curd to amp up on the softness and left it on till it became hard. But only we washed it did we realise how soft and silky our hair had become! Final Verdict: This pocket friendly product has become our new best friend that rescues us when we need it the most.
- Balmain Paris hairXpression Highlights a.k.a. the One-Night Stand: It’s not a secret that people love colouring their hair. Grishma absolutely loves it but Karishma is not really on the same boat, which is why she hoards on extensions. This genius invention makes us look good without committing full time. These no fuss hair extension highlights in light brown blend beautifully, doesn’t fade and can be curled and We loved how it looked so natural but definitely made us wanting for more than just three. Final Verdict: This is the one night stand that we have been waiting for but definitely would suggest the more, the merrier when it comes to an extension party!
- OGX Shampoo & Conditioner duo a.k.a. the X Men: 6 different shampoos that all have different abilities, superpowers and villains/problems to fight, you get sent 2 power packed duos. We got the healing+Vitamin E duo that fights frizziness and split ends along with increasing strength, moisture and elasticity and the strength & body bamboo fiber-full duo with bamboo fiber & soy proteins that makes your hair thicker and plump looking, adding more body. The Vitamin E duo smoothens your hair and provides a great canvas for straightening your hair whereas the bamboo fiber-full do adds more bounce and volume which is perfect for a blow out. The other shampoos available are the Gravity-Defying & Hydration O2, Moisture + Vitamin B5, Fight Fallout + Niacin3 & Caffeine and Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture. The sachets lasted us for 2-3 washes so it’s perfect to even save some space while travelling. Final Verdict: These superheroes not only fight our battles but also save us a lot of space while travelling. We wish we could try them all though!
The subscription box definitely made it easier for us to make our decisions before fully committing to them and burying in regret later. They are extremely pocket friendly, for just 999/- for a month and we definitely recommend getting on the wagon.